- Prime Location: Foot of the Citadel of Carcassonne in leafy square
- 5 ensuite B&B rooms plus independent gite
- Licenced restaurant with professional kitchen
- Private dining room for groups
- Undeveloped attic space for more accommodation
- Courtyard, parking, workshop
- €895,000 (3% commision included) – ref n° 292
Carcassonne, with its famous 12th century citadel, is one of France’s most visited tourist sites. Now a UNESCO World Heritage site it attracts visitors from all over the world – all year round. To benefit from this tourism, hotels, B&Bs and restaurants need to be where the action is: between the river and the gates to the ‘Cité’. And that’s where this business scores heavily: tourists crossing the Vieux Pont on their way to the castle pass in front of the door. As do others parking in the leafy squares below the citadel. In short: it’s a perfect location.
The business comprises a working B&B with 5 spacious and bright ensuite bedrooms, an independent gite/apartment with kitchen/lounge, bedroom and bathroom and the café/restaurant.
As restaurants in this area go, this is a big operation with two or three inside rooms and a sizeable pavement terrace. One of these rooms can be privatised which is handy for groups or meetings. The kitchens are fully equipped – separate wash-up and veg prep – and can deal with over 120 covers/day. The whole place has a light and airy feel to it, thanks largely to the work of an indoor designer who has successfully married modern lines with a solid Carcassonne townhouse.
This is really a business for a restaurant professional … or, conceivably, for a B&B expert who is happy to engage a good chef. Everything is in place for a new team to take the operation to the next level: the kitchens, the restarant, the guest rooms are all in perfect condition. The new owners can live in the well-appointed gite or turn the upper attic floor into a decent home. With the excellent location a new team should be able to take the business beyond the €250k turnover that is currently achieved.
- Ref n°: 292
- Summary: Location, location, location. This B&B and restaurant business has it by the spadeful. In a leafy square at the foot of Carcassonne's UNESCO heritage 'Cité, the business thrives all year round as tourists and locals pass by its door. Excellent location: excellent turnover.
- Address: Carcassonne, Occitanie
- Price: €895,000
- Commission: 3% (included in asking price)
- Phone Number: +33 675 665 518
- Bedrooms: 8
- Bathrooms: 7