- Stone-built country house in secluded setting
- On the Caylus-St Antonin-Noble-Val axis
- Used currently as holiday home and upmarket rental accommodation
- 4 double bedrooms and 3 bathrooms
- Spacious kitchen/dining and two lounges
- Over 1 acre of gardens, orchard and woodland
- 11 metre swimming pool
- Stone-built Bread oven and pool house
- Price: €463,500 (includes 3% agency fees) – ref n° 295
The medieaeval towns of Caylus and St Antonin-Noble-Val in the Tarn&Garonne département of SW France have long been a magnet for discerning visitors to France. The wooded plateaux incised with dramatic limestone gorges, the ancient villages and the superb local cuisine all make this a delightful region to both visit and to settle in. This property is right between the two mediaeval towns, in a secluded setting with no visible neighbours.
The massive stone-built property probably dates back to the early seventeenth century although serious renovation work has transformed the building into a delightful and comfortable home worthy of the 21st century. The roof, the electrics, sanitation and plumbing have all been renewed over the past twenty years.
Today, the property is exploited remotely as a sophisticated, upmarket gite. Guests rent the entire premises and have full use of the house, the gardens and the pool. The owners use the premises in the low season as a second home.
Caylus – St Antonin axis
There are four double bedrooms, one of which is on the ground floor next to the downstairs bathroom. The three other double bedrooms are upstairs with the two other bathrooms and lounge/music room. On the ground floor there is a spacious sitting room and the bright and convivial kitchen/dining area. A covered terrace at the western end of the house provides shade for alfresco dining.
Out-buildings include a stone building housing an authentic bread-oven as well as the oil-fired central-heating sytem and storage space and the pool-house. The land stretches away from the house first as lawns up to the pool and thereafter as a fairly wild patch of woodland with carpets of wild flowers and orchids. Fruit trees have been planted over the years and there are now abundant mirabelle, fig and walnut trees.
This is a classic second-home property which is exploited as a luxury gite a few weeks a year to cover running costs. It doesn’t have to be used as such but as everything is in place – cleaners, gardeners, pool-people and marketing agencies – it seems only sensible to continue running the business in this way. With a property which lets for over €2500 per week in the high season it is not difficult to see the attraction of this set-up. No hesitation: go for it!
- Ref n°: 295
- Summary: Delightful stone-built property in a secluded setting between the attractive mediaeval towns of Caylus and St Antonin-Noble-Val in South-West France. Comes with wooded land, pool, out-buildings and orchard. Away from the crowds but within easy reach of sights, restaurants and amenities.
- Address: 82160 Caylus, France
- Price: €463,500
- Commission: 3% (included in asking price)
- Surface Area: 5000m²
- Phone Number: +33 675 665 518
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Pools: 1