Fully operational chalet park in forest environment
17 cottages in brick – 4 chalets in wood
3 bedroomed owner’s house
restaurant with 45 covers inside/45 outside
one big pool and one paddling pool
animals: llamas, Senegalise sheep, Vietnamese pigs, horses and Shetlands
Excellent hillside location in an oak forest near Souillac, Gourdon and Rocamadour
€960,000 (agency fee included)
Just south of the Dordogne, in the wooded north of the Lot département, this holiday centre is practically invisible in its oak forest clinging to the hillside. It’s basically a collection of different-sized cottages and chalets discreetly scattered over the 4.5 hectare estate. All the dwellings are self-catering but the centre boasts a snack bar and full restaurant for those guests who don’t want to cook.
What makes this business attractive to families – who are the main clients – are the two big pools (one a paddling pool) and the animals which are kept on the estate. As well as familiar faces such as Shetland ponies there are a number of more exotic beasts that children adore: llamas, African sheep, Asian pigs and so on.
Of the 21 tourist cottages:
- 6 are studios (bedroom/ling space with kitchen corner, separate bathroom and wc.
- 4 are 2-roomed with a bedroom separate from the kitchen/living room (+ shower room and wc)
- 8 are two-bedroomed cottages with a spacious kitchen/living room, bathroom and wc
- 3 are traditional wooden chalets with two bedrooms, kir=tchen/living and shower-room – wc.
Each house has a balcony and their own barbecue. And space. These are not mean little mobile homes lined up next to one another like one finds in campsites: each cottage has its own balcony, grassy patch, parking and 30 or 40 metres distance from its neighbour.
The owners live in their own 3-bedroomed house in the middle of the estate.
This is a professionally-run business with turnover figures in constant progress. It is owned and run by a limited company (SARL) which means that there are verifiable accounts to show your banker. There are a number of aspects that we particularly like about the property: the ‘cottages’ are solid, brick-built houses; not flimsy wood or plastic structures. They are well-spaced, giving customers the feeling that they are (nearly) alone in the forest with its wildlife (squirrels, badgers, birds) and its domesticated animals all around. The snack-bar and restaurant are lucrative additions to the basic structure: the restaurant can be leased out (as it is currently) or run in-house. The location a few kms from the main North-South motorway between Holland and Spain means the estate has become a stopping-off point for N Europeans on their way south. Finally, the accommodation lends itself to all sorts of uses out of season: group activities, sustainable development, cooking classes and so on. An excellent business; can only go upwards from here.
- Ref n°: 278
- Summary: A chalet park with 2 pools, 24 cottages , restaurant and snack bar set in an oak forest in the Lot département, near Rocamadour, the Dordogne and Gourdon. These are real cottages equipped for self-catering tourists. There are animals on the estate: llamas, African sheep, Asian pigs and horses and ponies ... to the dlight of children.
- Address: Frayssinet, Occitanie
- Price: €960,000
- Commission: 3% (included in asking price)
- Surface Area: 45000m²
- Phone Number: +33675665518
- Bedrooms: 36
- Bathrooms: 22
- Pools: 2