- Gite village with heated pool and licenced bar for sale
- 15 gites – lounge, kitchen, 2 bathrooms and two bedrooms. Double-glazed and insulated
- Heated pool – 18m x 8m
- Fully-licenced bar (Lic IV) & pizza restaurant
- 3.5 hectares of land including building land
- In the Lot département near Rocamadour, Pech Merle and St Cirq-Lapopie
- Sold as going-concern – fully equipped and furnished. Significant turnover.
- Price: €877,000 (3% agency commission included)
This is a successful gite village located in the Lot countryside south of Rocamadour and north of Pech Merle and the Lot valley. It comprises 15 solidly built bungalows scattered over a 3.5 hectare wooded estate and includes a big heated pool, a fully-licenced bar, a pizza ‘café’, a shop and various playgrounds and petanque sites. The owners have their own 2-bedroomed bungalow .
Each bungalow is built of brick or cement block and roofed with traditional tiles. Windows and doors are double-glazed PVC with rolling blinds. There are two bedrooms (one double and one twin), two bathrooms or shower-rooms, a lounge with sofa-bed (thus bringing the official capacity up to 6 guests) and a fully-equipped kitchen: dishwasher, washing machine, oven, microwave, 4-hob cooker. Television and wi-fi in every house. Houses have a surface area of 55m² (x5) or 60m² (x9): these latter gites are equipped with a private garage. All have a private terrace and personal outdoors barbecue.
The licenced bar is located at the entrance to the estate which allows it to welcome people from outside the ‘gite village’ to have a drink or order a pizza. Outsiders cannot use the 18 metre heated pool however: it is reserved for guests (unless one was to employ a registered lifeguard).
The estate is peppered with imposing oak trees which provide welcome shade in summer. There is enough space to place another two or three gites should one wish: the estate is zoned as ‘tourism’.
There are a number of ‘gite villages’ like this which were set up by tour operators in the 80’s and 90’s and then sold on to private operators. This one dates back to the late nineties and has been substantially renovated and well-maintained. The presence of a licenced bar (which buyers don’t have to accept – the current owner is happy to keep the licence and transfer it elsewhere) is a major plus in our opinion. There are few village cafés or bars now in rural France and this facility means year-round activity is possible. And as the bungalows are all well-insulated and heated (electric, yes, but with separate meters in every house) the village could be used for other activites than traditional tourism. A village for young retirees, for example, or a retreat for yoga enthusiasts. However, as a well-marketed tourist village one should be able to push the already impressive turnover figures up over €200k pa – a more than 10% ROI is not bad in these dfifficult times.
- Ref n°: 301
- Summary: Gite village in rural setting with heated 18 metre pool, licenced bar and pizzeria, 16 solid bungalows set in a wooded estate. near to Rocamadour, St Cirq-Lapopie and the caves of Pech Merle. Possibility to buy the shares of the company which owns the property thus speeding up the transaction significantly.
- Address: Orniac, Occitanie
- Price: €877,000
- Commission: 3% (included in asking price)
- Surface Area: 35000
- Phone Number: +33 675 665 518
- Bedrooms: 32
- Bathrooms: 30
- Pools: heated pool + paddling pool