- Mirepoix – 5 minutes from mediaeval town and its market
- Rural setting: no near neighbours – great views
- Farmhouse plus 3 working gites
- Out-buildings for development
- swimming pool
- 4 hectares of land suitable for horses + veg patch and orchard
- Price: €799,000 (includes agent’s 3% commission)
Mirepoix is one of those mediaeval gems which attract tourists from all over the world to admire its half-timbered houses, its imposing church and, especially, its colourful street market and bustling cafés. Not such a pleasant place to live however as all those tourists and all that noise can be wearing.
The property for sale is out of town – about 4 minutes by car and 20 minutes on foot – on the south-facing slopes just north of the town. There are no immediate neighbours and the estate is surrounded by meadows which give way to maquis- and tree-covered hills.
Farm with 3 gites
It’s a typical farm building of the region which has been added to and extended over the past 4 centuries. The current owners have fashioned their own 2-bedroomed home in the main farmhouse and three working gites in the rest of the building. The main house comprises a spacious lounge with wood-burning stove, a kitchen, a library, another sitting room and dining room, and two ensuite bedrooms upstairs.
Two of the gites are two-bedroomed affairs with lounge/kitchen and family bathroom and the third gite is a bigger, more sophisticated, dwelling with three bedrooms.
What makes this property special, however, are the out-buildings which offer buyers the chance to extend the business by creating more gites or a venue for specific activities:
The garage/workshop is already in use as a carpenter’s atelier but may be more useful when associated with its upper floor – a vast loft with windows on two sides.
The ancient piggery is another out-building in perfect structual condition with a lot of potential.
Surrounding the farm buildings are an orchard (with 7 different sorts of fig, mirabelle, plum, apple and cherry trees), a vegetable patch (with its own well) and the beautiful pool, in its own enclosed space and affording views to die for southward towards the high mountains.
This property will tick most buyers’ boxes as regards a “lifestyle property with income”. It has everything that you you might want: proximity to a busy but beautiful town, secluded rural setting with no near neighbours, 3 working gites and the possibility (but not the obligation) to create more, a fine pool and space for horses, llamas or whatever. Carcassonne and its airport are less than 30 minutes away, Toulouse is 50 minutes distant and the motorway to Andorra can be joined at Pamiers in 15 minutes. Buyers can’t really go wrong with this sort of property.
- Ref n°: 294
- Summary: Mirepoix - Pyrenees: former farm in the Mirepoix hinterland with 3 working gites, pool and outbuildings for development. Set in 4 acres of meadow , orchard and vegetable patch it has no close neighbours. 4 minutes by car into town or 20 minutes on foot. Only 30 mins from Carcassonne airport and 50 from Toulouse.
- Address: Mirepoix, Occitanie
- Price: €799,000
- Commission: 3% (included in asking price)
- Surface Area: 42000
- Phone Number: +33 675 665 518
- Bedrooms: 10
- Bathrooms: 6
- Pools: 1