PYRENEES GUEST HOUSE
- Excellent riverside location
- 5 ensuite guest rooms
- private garden – sauna – terraces
- easy reach of 3 ski resorts and numerous Tour de France climbs
- In a lively village
- separate 160m² barn for storage, bikes, development …
- Price: €325,000 (includes agency commission) – ref n° 303
This business ticks most of the boxes regarding B&Bs in France: all year-round activity (wintersports, hiking and cycling), village location with cafés and restaurants (and not stuck out in the wilderness), the full complement of 5 en-suite guest rooms (the maximum permitted) and a dinky little private garden out at the back in which to watch the river flow while drinking apéritifs under the palm tree. (Yes, a palm tree!).
But there’s more! Guests are pampered with a sauna as well as their comfortable rooms (all with shower or bathroom), high speed wi-fi, double-glazing and use of the garden.
Traditional Pyrenees guest house
The owners have the whole top floor to themselves (lounge, bathroom and two double bedrooms) as well as the garden-level lounge/dining and kitchen area.
The property comes with a vast barn – a couple of doors down the street – which has been ear-marked for secure bike and motorbike storage for guests. Road-cycling is big business here in the Luchonnais region and guests frequently arrive with €12k bikes with which to test themselves against the big Tour de France climbs.
The current owners sometimes provide a table d’hôte of an evening … and that’s the way to go with this business. Any B&B expert will tell you that a client who has the choice of a nearby restaurant and a homemade table d’hôte will invariably go for the latter. It is perceived as being more authentic and wholesome. This is the way to boost turnover by 25% – 30%. The list of activities in the region is endless: we’ve mentioned skiing and cycling but there’s also white-water rafting, kayaking, hiking, rock-climbing and fishing. This is what the clients come for: they don’t want to lounge around in a pool all day; they are active guests who come to the mountains for a reason … and they come in every season. In short, this is a simple, efficient and successful business which is easy to run and, above all, ready to go from DAY ONE.
- Ref n°: 303
- Summary: Classic mountain guest house with 5 ensuite guest rooms, spacious owners' living accommodation and a superb little riverside garden. Near to 3 ski resorts, a number of famous Tour de France climbs and a welth of hiking and walking trails. Sold fully furnished and ready to go!
- Address: 31110 Bagnères-de-Luchon, France
- Price: €325,000
- Commission: 4% (included in asking price)
- Surface Area: 300
- Phone Number: +33 675 665 518
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 6
- Location Description: Village location in the Pyrenees.